«Gylym Ordasy» RSE Central Scientific Library of RK MES, SC provides access to the «SCOPUS» database.
Scopus - one of the largest bibliographic databases in the world, allowing you to track the citation of articles that have been published in scientific publications.
Scopus indexes about 21,000 scientific publications in various fields of science submitted by 500 publishers. Among the materials in this database, there are not only scientific journals, but also the proceedings of conferences, as well as books published in series. Scopus is known all over the world also as an abstract base covering abstracts and journals in different disciplines. The number of abstracts totals more than 28 million articles published in 15 thousand scientific journals.
The Scopus database indexes publications not only in English, but also in other languages of the world, with the obligatory observance of one condition: the published version of the annotation should be in English. All scientific articles published after 1996 are indexed with bibliographic lists published together with articles. The citation is calculated automatically based on the analysis of these lists. The profile indicates the name of the author, all the places of his work, including the last, the number of publications broken down by years, the field of scientific research, references to co-authors, Hirsch’s index and the total number of citations.
Scopus has a number of advantages for users compared to other databases:
• Effective search for a topic from a single platform
• Ability to see from one approach all the information on scientific developments on the research topic
• Possibility of obtaining data on all authors who have published works in this field of scientific research
• Obtaining all data on organizations engaged in research in this field
• Obtaining information on all relevant journals.
Hall of electronic resources